The Aging Canadian Workforce: Understand your rights, obligations, and responsibilities as a Canadian employer.
Legal Considerations in Managing the Employee Relationship
Today 25% of the Canadian workforce is aged 65 to 75 - in other words, at or close to retirement age. As this percentage increases over the next decade, employers will increasingly need to address issues related to older and long-service workers.
The Aging Canadian Workforce: Legal Considerations in Managing the Employee Relationship whitepaper discusses the issues and laws related to the end of the employment relationship. Topics include:
- What is the legal definition of retirement?
- What is the difference between a retirement and a resignation?
- What obligations does an employer have with regard to terminations?
- How do employee age and length of service impact an employer’s obligations?
- What policies and practices mitigate an employer’s financial and operational risks?